LaGuardia Airport travelers are urged to allow extra time and use mass transit during holiday week. View Press Release.
- Friday December 23rd is expected to the busiest day of the holiday travel season at LaGuardia Airport.
- To alleviate terminal roadway congestion, all travelers are urged to allow extra time and use mass transit due to holiday peak season traffic
- For current traffic conditions follow us on Twitter at @LGAairport and subscribe to Airport Info-Alerts at http://www.paalerts.com.
- View parking information, a map of the parking lots and get directions.
- Those arriving at the airport via car should utilize Long-Term Lot P10.
- Long-Term Lot P10 is FREE for all parkers entering on Friday, December 23 for the duration of their stay, on a first-come first-serve basis.
- To get to Long-Term Lot P10 drivers should enter Lot P10 via the 82nd Street Bridge; and not use the 94th Street Bridge.
- Monitor real-time parking availability in Lot P10 and all the parking lots before heading to the airport.
Public Transportation Advisories
- LaGuardia Airport is accessible by public transit, taxi, cars, shared rides and rental car agencies. Rental car agencies are available both on-site and near the airport.
- The MTA’s LaGuardia Link Q70 Select Bus Service is free on Thursday December 22nd and Friday December 23rd.
- The LaGuardia Link Q70 service provides convenient connection to New York City Subway and Long Island Railroad
- LaGuardia Link provides non-stop service linking the main terminals of the airport (Terminals B, C and D) with New York City Subway and Long Island Railroad transit hubs in Jackson Heights and Woodside, Queens.
- See all transit options.
Additional Holiday Travel Tips
- Allow an extra 60 minutes to get to the airport.
- Park at Lot P10, which can be accessed via the 82nd Street Bridge, for FREE if you are driving to the airport on Friday, December 23 until you return.
- MTA’s Q70 LaGuardia Link bus, which will be FREE on Thursday December 22nd and Friday December 23rd, from the 74th and Roosevelt Ave. Station with connections to the 7, E, F, M, R subway trains and the Woodside subway and LIRR connection.
- Consider dropping-off at arrivals level if the departures level is full. Elevators and escalators can get you back to departures.
- Tell the taxi or other driver to follow the signs to Lot P10 to pick up a free shuttle bus to all terminals. There is no charge to the driver for drop offs in the lot.
- Park in Lot P5 if you’re picking up someone. It is FREE, yes FREE, for 3 hours!
- Consider car, van and shared ride services instead of single occupancy vehicles.
- Park on roadways waiting for passengers – Port Authority Police will be writing tickets to keep traffic moving. There is 3-hour free parking for you at Lot P5.
- Wait on the frontage road unless your passenger is ‘ready-to-go.’
- Wait at congested access points to the airport if alternate routes are available.
The Port Authority, LaGuardia Gateway Partners and Delta Air Lines have taken a number of additional steps to mitigate the delays and have developed a series of measures:
- The Port Authority is deploying extra staff including Port Authority Police officers to move traffic more efficiently during the holiday rush.
- Consolidated pick up and drop off procedures for rental car services.
- New and better signage around Terminal B will direct passengers to the for-hire vehicles and meeting points.
- LGP Taxi Ambassador Program during peak times – proactive guest service coordinator working the taxi queue.
- Creation of cell phone lot (Free for three hours at Lot 5).
- Traffic signal operational improvements.
- Taxi stop line and number marking for both taxis and customers to aid with loading and reduce confusion at loading locations.
- In addition to our social media and online channels, we are employing a public awareness ad campaign on radio, TV, and the web.