Building a Better Travel Experience
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is embarking on a major modernization and redevelopment program to position LaGuardia Airport to meet the needs of the 21st Century. A new state-of-the-art Terminal B will replace the existing Central Terminal Building to drastically improve your travel experience.
The original building – built in 1964 – was designed to handle 8 million passengers. In 2015, over 50 years later, the original building served 14.3 million people.
Construction has already begun on LaGuardia’s impressive $4 billion airport redevelopment project. Some of the exciting new changes coming to LaGuardia Airport include:
- a new Terminal B
- An expansive and welcoming Central Hall
- A new West Garage
- A pedestrian walkway connecting Terminal B to the new West Garage
- Replacing aging infrastructure like the central heating and refrigeration plant
- A consolidated receiving and warehouse distribution facility
- Upgrades to the airfield and aircraft taxiways, as well as airport roads and utilities
To oversee the design, construction, management and operation of the new Terminal B, the Port Authority selected LaGuardia Gateway Partners as part of a 35-year lease agreement. LaGuardia Gateway Partners is a consortium comprised of Vantage Airport Group, Skanska, Walsh Construction, Meridiam, HOK and Parsons Brinckerhoff that have collectively worked on more than 350 aviation projects worldwide.